The use for assisted hatching arises when the following indications are seen in IVF cases:
- Age factor- couples having IVF with female partners age over 37
- Egg quantity & quality factor – couples in which the female’s day 3 follicle stimulating hormone level is elevated.
- Embryo quality factor - couples having IVF with poor quality embryos(excessive fragmentation or slow rates of cell division)
- Zona factor - Couples having IVF with embryos that have a thick outer shell(zona pellucida)
- Previous failure - couples having repeated IVF failure.